Don't get me wrong. I'm in love with Greenpoint and Brooklyn in general. I love what's it is and what it's becoming, and the thought of living anywhere else is heart-wretching! Woodside would be the total opposite, but it's literally just a train ride away from it all...
This is such a spontaneous decision we're making, but within reason. And we're incredibly torn.
Queens Apt. Pros
- MUCH cheaper rent
- One block away from the train
- Beautiful Apartment
- Purple Bathroom. :-P
- 7 Train
- Competent Landlord
- Closet Space!!!
- Above ground train (although not that noisy)
- Grocery store kinda far
- Neighborhood is safe but not that great. Kind of dreary & noisy
- Block away from a cemetary...(but can't really see it)
- Lots of space
- Great neighborhood that's really starting to develop
- Great view of the city skyline
- Grocery store right outside the subway
- Rent just went up
- Train station annoyingly far
- Too much space
- Crazy landlord
- G train
- Non-skeezy laundrymat too far
- One awkward closet.
The only hurdle we have to get over is having to deal with our current landlord... who is nuts. The guy barely speaks a word of English and totally unreasonable! Then again... this too shall pass. I'm not worried. I'm psyched, actually!
OK, now onto yarn & other stuff! I broke down and bought more Alpaca Ultra yarn in Fern. I loved the Strangled Vines scarf I made for my grandmother so much, I'm making another for myself... even though winter's almost over.
It's coming along.... this time I have the pattern totally memorized. So it should be a breeze!
And for this week's recipe concoction:
Chipotle Spicy Black Bean Dip!