Episode 129: Treat Your Self2:56:00 PM
- Dennis got me some pretty cat-tastic stocking stuffers for Christmas! A Cats In Sweaters Calendar and a Cats in an Ice Cream Cone notebook
- I'm wearing my Llama Cross-Stitch print dress from MaryInk on Etsy.
- I mention Fiber Nymph's 90% Knitting Podcast
|Pattern: Windchief Hat by Stephen West|
Yarn: Voolenvine Yarns / Deco Worsted - "Dirty On Purpose"
OFF THE NEEDLES
- Windschief Hat by Stephen West / Voolenvine Yarns - Deco Worsted in "Dirty On Purpose"
|Hat in Action! — Dennis / New Year's Day Brunch|
ON THE NEEDLES
- I'm still knitting away on Dennis' Ranger Cardigan
- Vanilla Socks / Sleep Season - "Gauge"
- Foraging Mittens by Molly Klatt / Gynx Yarns - Glitz Sock "Golden Saucer"
|Loop Bullseye Batt / Spanish Peacock Drop Spindle|
for the D-SPAKAL
The D-SPAKAL kicks-off January 1st, 2015!
Post your progress the Ravelry Thread and enter to win giveaway prizes — One post per-person please.
Join the conversation in the chatter thread
I will be spinning a Loop bullseye Batt "Violets" with a Spanish Peacock Drop Spindle.
I warmed up my spindle by spinning Fiber TidBits from Hobbledehoy.
|Warming Up My Drop Spindle with Hobbledehoy Fiber TidBits|
|Let the D-SPAKAL Commence! Spinning up the Loop Batt|
This week I recommended some great books on learning how to spin:
- Respect the Spindle by Abby Franquemont
- Spin to Knit by Shannon Okey
- High Whorling by Prissila A. Gibson-Roberts
- The Intentional Spinner by Judith MacKenzie
- Spindling From Fluff to Stuff with Drucilla Pettibone - Craftsy Class