OFF THE NEEDLES
HO - Afterthought Heel Sock / Regia Self-Striping—For some reason, this sock knit up a smidge too big. It may be because the yarn is a heavier weight (sport?) or I was using dpns. I'm going to re-knit this time, decreasing my stitch count from 64 stitch cast on to a 60 stitch cast on.
ON THE NEEDLES
- Whispering Pines Shawl: Pattern by Molly Klatt / Voolenvine Yarns / Wolke - "Jilted Rose"
I'm so close to knitting the lace edging! I purchased the beads (size 6/0) from EarthFaire.com
|Whispering Pines Shawl and Beads For Lace Edging|
- Two Lane Highway RAGE Socks: Pattern by Sarah Stevens / Voolenvine Yarns / Lush - "Octopus Garden"
|Yarn: Voolenvine Yarns / Lush - "Octopus Garden"|
Pattern: Two Lane Highway RAGE, by Sarah Stevens
- Continental Knitting Swatch: I've been wanting to learn how to knit continental, so I enrolled in another Craftsy class called Knit Faster with Continental Knitting. The instructor, Lorilee Beltman is amazing!
- SUPER BIG THANKS to Aaron and Becca of Aaron Makes Stuff. They generously donated one of their awesome drop spindles for a giveaway prize!
|D-SPAKAL Giveaway Prize Drop Spindle from Aaron Makes Stuff|
- The weather in Brooklyn has been so snowy and dreary, I needed something to brighten my day. I found a mini mystery batt I rescued from my friend Kim's de-stash and spun it up on my own Aaron Makes Stuff spindle.
This week I've been watching the Yarnings podcast, hosted by Kristine Beeson, and Knick's Knits, hosted by
The Next Shop Update will be Friday, February 6th, 2015 @ 2pm EST
FO & Dye's Big Shiny Dyeing Experiment Part II theme-voting thread — will be locked this Sunday