Episode 153: Cake Adjectives2:54:00 PM
ON THE NEEDLES
- Lynai Socks, Across the Universe
- Lattice Shawl by Maria Montzka
- I ended up frogging the version I cast on using O Wool yarn and cast on a new version using Brooklyn Tweed Loft. I will be using the "Postcard" colorway for the body and "Fossil" for the applied border.
- Campside Shawl by Alicia Plummer
- I'm knitting this pattern with my own hand dyed yarn, Voolenvine Yarns in the "Ocean in a Shell" colorway.
- I haven't been making much progress on it and to be honest, I'm not crazy about the knitting process — finding it a little under-challenging.
- I plan to cast on my Featherweight cardigan today or tomorrow using some Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks That Rock Lightweight in their "Blecker" colorway for the Little Bobbins KAL.
|Some Cross Sitch and Lattice Shawl Version 2.0|
I created a mini cross stitch for our new powder room, using a pattern from Andwabisabi on Etsy
I also enrolled in the "Learn to Sew Clothes" class from Creativebug.com, which teaches you how to sew a skirt (Simplicity's 1369) from start to finish in three hours!
I purchased the following patterns from Simplicity:
- 1369 - Simple circle skirt with pockets
- 6457 - Summer dresses
|A Gorgeous Gift From Isabelle <3 br="">3>|
This week, the lovely Isabelle of the Fluffy Fibers podcast completely surprised me! She sent a package FILLED with the most gorgeous goodies!
- A beautiful handmade project bag from her Etsy shop
- Juno Fibre Arts Hand Dyed Fibre in the "Muted" colorway
- Le Vernis Avril nail polish in "Rose Bollywood"
This week's update will happen on Saturday, June 20th @ 12pm EST
This past weekend, Dennis and I attended the Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governor's Island!