EPISODE 250: "Little Purple Buddy"
Thank you for watching! If you haven't already, please join the YARNGASM Ravelry group, where you can chat about episodes, partake in our KALs, and more!
ANNOUNCEMENTS + NEWS
- Voolenvine Yarns will be vending at Indie Untangled, October 20 from 5pm - 8pm
- Tune into my Vlogtober series and keep up with all my daily October shenanigans!
BOX O' SOX KAL
About: Knit at least 12 pair socks throughout 2017, and store them in a box as you go. When 2018 rolls around, you'll have a box full of fresh socks to get you through the new year!
Duration: January 1, 2017 — January 1, 2018
MARLED MAGIC KAL
About: Laura (The Dyer's Notebook Podcast and Gynx Yarns) and I are co-hosting our 2nd annual KAL!! We decided on the Marled Magic shawl, by Stephen West!
Duration: 2-months (September 1 - November 31)
HALF MOON ORACLE by Kristin Lehrer
Voolenvine Yarns, Nouveau
Color A: Lady Of the Lake
Color B: Dead Calm
Color C: Neptunia
(Pattern is set to publish November 1, 2017)
WORKS IN PROGRESS (WIPS)
DAMEJAKKA LOPPA by Pinneguri
Jamieson's Spindrift: "Black", "Bracken", "Granite", "Heron", "Cyclamen", and "Dewdrop"
VANILLA SOCKS w/ Fish Lips Kiss Heel
CHUBBY BRIOCHE HAT by Lavanya Patricella
Hedgehog Fibres, Chubby - "Oracle"
I've been sewing a muslin for the VIOLET blouse, by Colette Patterns.
Halloween costume plans: This year I'll be going as Feyre from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, by Sarah J. Maas. (Amazon Link)
Halloween Costume inspiration: Charlie Bowater Fan Art Gallery
- There will be no shop update until after Rhinebeck weekend. The next update is tentatively set for October 27 @ 7pm ET
- Skeindeer Knits with Eli
- The Dyer's Notebook with Laura (Gynx Yarns)
- KimSmithHappy (Alterknit Universe) with Kim
I'm enjoying my bullet journal and having fun learning calligraphy.
Some great YouTube channels I've been watching for tutorials:
- AmandaRachLee - Calligraphy For Beginners
What I've been watching:
Poldark (Season 3)