EPISODE 251: "Rhinebeck 2017"
Thank you for watching! If you haven't already, please join the YARNGASM Ravelry group, where you can chat about episodes, partake in our KALs, and more!
ANNOUNCEMENTS + NEWS
- Indie Untangled / Rhinebeck re-cap.
- Sadly, I haven't been able to keep up with my Vlogtober series.
BOX O' SOX KAL
About: Knit at least 12 pair socks throughout 2017, and store them in a box as you go. When 2018 rolls around, you'll have a box full of fresh socks to get you through the new year!
Duration: January 1, 2017 — January 1, 2018
MARLED MAGIC KAL
About: Laura (The Dyer's Notebook Podcast and Gynx Yarns) and I are co-hosting our 2nd annual KAL!! We decided on the Marled Magic shawl, by Stephen West!
Duration: 2-months (September 1 - November 31)
HALF MOON ORACLE by Kristin Lehrer
Voolenvine Yarns, Nouveau
Color A: Lady Of the Lake
Color B: Dead Calm
Color C: Neptunia
(Pattern is set to publish November 1, 2017)
PINOLITH HAT by Becky Sorensen
Voolenvine Yarns, Cocoon
Color A: I Am No Bird
Color B: Grimm
AMULET SHAWL by Helen Stewart
Voolenvine Yarns, Blitzed
Color A: Mooncusser
Color B: Plume
WORKS IN PROGRESS (WIPS)
DAMEJAKKA LOPPA by Pinneguri
Jamieson's Spindrift: "Black", "Bracken", "Granite", "Heron", "Cyclamen", and "Dewdrop"
SELBU MITTENS by Skeindeer Knits
Voolenvine Yarns, Smitten DK
Color A: Mooncusser
Color B: Spinderella
VANILLA SOCKS w/ Fish Lips Kiss Heel
CHUBBY BRIOCHE HAT by Lavanya Patricella
Hedgehog Fibres, Chubby - "Oracle"
🐸 MARLED MAGIC SHAWL by Stephen West
Sadly, this pattern wasn't speaking to me, and a fter much contemplation, I decided to frog it.
- HUE LOCO, "I Can't Even" Suprise Party Shawl Kit
Collaboration between Curious Handmade and the Grocery Girls Podcast
Yarn kit to make the "Suprise Party Shawl" by Helen Stewart
- ASYLUM FIBERS, Solitary, "Housecoat"
- FOXHILL FARM, Fingering, Cormo
- SINCERE SHEEP, Cormo Fingering, Terroir Fiber Series, "Deepest Desire"
- ELEMENTAL AFFECTS, Shetland Fingering, "Bronze" and "Mediterranean Night"
- HARRISVILLE DESIGNS, Shetland, "Aubergine", "Mustard", "Adobe", and "Black"
- JENKINS Lark Spindle
I made a Rhinebeck Dress! Pattern: Butterick "Patterns by Gertie" B65453
Halloween costume plans: This year I'll be going as Feyre from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, by Sarah J. Maas. (Amazon Link)
The smallest pattern size was still too large for me, so I used the pivot technique to decrease the bustline to fit my own ... and it's GENIUS! (YouTube video by Professor Pincushion)
Halloween Costume inspiration:
BookMarkdTattoos — The Etsy shop, where I found my Feyre tattoo.
Found my fairy / elf ears on Amazon.
Cauldron from Target ;)
- NEXT UPDATE: Friday, October 27 @ 7pm ET
- Inner Circle Yarn Club
Sign-ups open Tuesday, October 31 @ 10am ET
Spaces are LIMITED! (click link for all the details)
- Half Moon Oracle Shawl pattern will publish November 1
- Skeindeer Knits with Eli
- The Dyer's Notebook with Laura (Gynx Yarns)
- Yarn Pimp Podcast with Karen and Danielle
- Squirrel Pie Productions with Tommi
- The Grocery Girls Knit with Jodi and Tracie
- Knit Style with Sharon and Rich
More Indie Untangled and Rhinebeck recap.
What I've been watching:
Poldark (Season 3)