EPISODE 249: "If You Make It, They Will Come"
Thank you for watching! If you haven't already, please join the YARNGASM Ravelry group, where you can chat about episodes, partake in our KALs, and more!
ANNOUNCEMENTS + NEWS
- Voolenvine Yarns will be vending at Indie Untangled, October 20 from 5pm - 8pm
- Tune into my Vlogtober series and keep up with all my daily October shenanigans!
- Winners for our Oracle Shawl KAL winners are announced!
BOX O' SOX KAL
About: Knit at least 12 pair socks throughout 2017, and store them in a box as you go. When 2018 rolls around, you'll have a box full of fresh socks to get you through the new year!
Duration: January 1, 2017 — January 1, 2018
MARLED MAGIC KAL
About: Laura (The Dyer's Notebook Podcast and Gynx Yarns) and I are co-hosting our 2nd annual KAL!! We decided on the Marled Magic shawl, by Stephen West!
Duration: 2-months (September 1 - November 31)
FINISHED OBJECTS (FOS)
HALF MOON ORACLE by Kristin Lehrer
Voolenvine Yarns, Nouveau
Color A: Lady Of the Lake
Color B: Dead Calm
Color C: Neptunia
(Pattern is set to publish November 1, 2017)
WORKS IN PROGRESS (WIPS)
DAMEJAKKA LOPPA by Pinneguri
Jamieson's Spindrift: "Black", "Bracken", "Granite", "Heron", "Cyclamen", and "Dewdrop"
ZINNIA SKIRT by Colette Patterns
Halloween costume plans: This year I'll be going as Feyre from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, by Sarah J. Maas. (Amazon Link)
Halloween Costume inspiration: Charlie Bowater Fan Art Gallery
- There will be no shop update until after Rhinebeck weekend. The next update is tentatively set for October 27 @ 7pm ET
- Skeindeer Knits with Eli
- The Dyer's Notebook with Laura (Gynx Yarns)
- Squirrel Pie Productions with Tommi
- KimSmithHappy (Alterknit Universe) with Kim
- Inside Number 23 with Katie
I chat about being inspired )by Kim of the Kim Smith Happy podcast and Katie of Inside Number 23 podcast), to try hand lettering / calligraphy and graphic illustration ... AND bullet journaling!
If you're interested in upping your podcast / vlogging game, check out the Savvy Sexy Social YouTube channel, with Amy Schmittaur.
* Amy's Bullet Journal Method (YouTube)