EPISODE 247: "The Trouble With WIPs"
Thank you for watching! If you haven't already, please join the YARNGASM Ravelry group, where you can chat about episodes, partake in our KALs, and more!
ANNOUNCEMENTS + NEWS
- Last Friday I had the chance to meet Andrea Mowry at Do Ewe Knit!
- Voolenvine Yarns will be vending at Indie Untangled, October 20 from 5pm - 8pm
BOX O' SOX KAL
About: Knit at least 12 pair socks throughout 2017, and store them in a box as you go. When 2018 rolls around, you'll have a box full of fresh socks to get you through the new year!
Duration: January 1, 2017 — January 1, 2018
About: To celebrate the release of my new shawl pattern, I'm hosting a 2-month KAL over in the Voolenvine Yarns Ravelry group!
Duration: August 1 — October 1
MARLED MAGIC KAL
About: Laura (The Dyer's Notebook Podcast and Gynx Yarns) and I are co-hosting our 2nd annual KAL!! We decided on the Marled Magic shawl, by Stephen West!
Duration: 2-months (September 1 - November 31)
WORKS IN PROGRESS (WIPS)
I've been monogamously working on a new shawl design!
MARLED MAGIC by Stephen West
I'm using LOTS of yarns for this project. Please see my Ravelry project page.
AMULET by Helen Stewart
Color A: Voolenvine Yarns, Blitzed - "Mooncusser"
Color B: Voolenvine Yarns, Blitzed - "Plume"
DAMEJAKKA LOPPA by Pinneguri
Jamieson's Spindrift: "Black", "Bracken", "Granite", "Heron", "Cyclamen", and "Dewdrop"
- Next Update: Friday, September 22 @ 7pm ET
- Skeindeer Knits with Eli
- The Dyer's Notebook with Laura (Gynx Yarns)
- Yarn Pimp Podcast with Karen and Danielle
- Curious Handmade with Helen Stewart
- Little Big Knits with Selma
- Two Tangled Skeins with Lynne and Sue (and sometimes Selma, too!)
- Fruity Knitting Podcast
- Very Pink Knits (Norwegian Purling tutorial)
- PolandBananasBOOKS Fantasy / Sc-Fi Book Talks with XtinaMay (non-knitting related)
What I've been reading (or listening to):