EPISODE 270: "Having a Mohair Moment"
Impressionists MKAL progress, a bit of weaving, and introducing new laceweight bases to the shop!
WORKS IN PROGRESS
VANILLA SOCKS, Voolenvine Yarns, Footsie - "Edinburgh"
- Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist
- Knitters Pride Karbonz DPNs
- Knitters Pride Cubics DPNs
- I mentioned the Fluffy Fibers podcast, hosted by Isabelle
- CURIOUS HANDMADE IMPRESSIONISTS MKAL By Helen Stewart
Voolenvine Yarns, Nouveau
Color A: Solstice
Color B: Curious
Color C: Thaw
RABBIT HOLES / WEAVING
- Ashford 10" SampleIt Loom
- 15 dpi reed
- I'm weaving with Malabrigo Merino Lace
- Black Forest
- Here's to Ewe Podcast (no longer in production)
- Kelly Cassanova Weaving Tutorials (YouTube)
"Do you have any advice for someone who wants to learn more about hand dyeing yarn? I find it so fascinating and think it would be a super fun hobby. Any go to resources or materials that a new dyer should know about? Thanks! Your yarn is so beautiful and I love your podcast."
-- CedarLaneKnits on Ravelry
- Knitpicks Bare Yarn
- Dyeing In the Kitchen with Deb Menz
- Hand Dyeing Yarn and Fleece by Gail Callahan
- Professional Yarn Dyeing At Home with Sarah Eyre
- Dyeing to Spin and Knit by Felicia Lo
- Dyer’s Notebook with Laura of Gynx Yarns
Leave your questions in the Yarngasm Ravelry Group "Ask Away" thread.
Next update: Friday, April 27 @ 7pm ET.
What I'm watching:
- Victoria (PBS)